The Layer List provides a list of operational layers and their symbols, allowing you to turn individual layers on and off. Each layer in the list has a check box that allows you to easily control its visibility. Layers having expansion arrows indicate that they contain sublayers or subtypes.
The order in which layers appear in this tool corresponds to the layer order in the map. This tool provides functionality allowing you to change the order of layers in the map.
- Clicking the Layer List tool in your app displays the layer list or table of contents window.
- If the Show Legend option is checked, clicking an individual layer shows its symbols.
- Clicking the down arrow on the right side of a layer displays the layer menu, which includes the following functions:
- Zoom To—Sets the map extent to the extent of the layer.
- Transparency—Sets the transparency for the layer.
- Enable Pop-up / Remove Pop-up—Enables or disables the pop-up for the feature layer. If a feature layer does not have a pop-up configured in the map, clicking Enable Pop-up shows all field values for the feature layer.
- Move up—Moves the layer one level up.
- Move down—Moves the layer one level down.
- Open attribute table—Opens the attribute table for the feature layer.
- Description / Show Item Details—Opens the service description or the item details page for the service or the item associated with the layer, if available.
- The icon on the upper right, next to Operational Layers, controls the behavior of all of the layers in the list. Click the icon to open the menu, which allows you turn on or off all the layers, or expand or collapse all the layers. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts to do so. Click Ctrl+ Plus and click the check box of the layer to turn on or off the layers in the same level. Click Ctrl+Plus and click the arrow to expand or collapse layers in the same level.
- Layers are grayed out in the list when zoomed out of their visible ranges.
- Clicking the X button in the upper right corner of the LayerList window closes it.